Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fort Westwood

A few days ago I was asking Scott if as a kid he ever made forts. I know that when I was growing up that was one of my favorite things to do in my basement. Made of blankets, chairs and TV trays we would make different rooms and tunnels to play in. It was something so simple yet so entertaining.

We had made plans this weekend to go camping. We have had something every weekend for probably 3 months and camping seems to get pushed to the back burner because work and family came first. But it rained yesterday. And Scott was pretty bummed. I had told him I'd camp with him in the backyard but it was still poring rain. So we decided to make a fort in the living room. It didn't have any tunnels and only had 1 room, but it was fun to remember what it is like to be a child.

This morning, I started to clean up and asked for Scott's help taking down the fort and he was bummed so we are leaving it up for a few more days. He plans on sleeping in it tonight... I told him I'm sleeping in my bed. But it was fun and this is an activity I can't wait to do with my own children one day. :)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

How fun! There is a resturant/diner that we love to go to on the weekends called Westwood Inn. You will have to stop by when ya'll are traveling through to MO sometime and get your picture taken there. I always think of you when we are there!

Laurel said...

i'm SO behind on my googled reader...but I LOVE THIS. you are such a cool wife. (and congrats on the debt payoff. MUY impressivo!)

miss you.
lots.
xoxo

Unknown said...

Steph,

Thanks for visiting my blog! How fun to meet you. Your cousin is one if my Hero's. I sure love her.

I actually met her working on a Jericho Road music video. You must be amazing too because you have good genes!

Erin

New Follower!