Sunday, December 4, 2011

Recipe etiquette

For all my blogging friends, here is a question for you... What is the rule about recipe etiquette in blogs? I know generally you acknowledge who you got the recipe from if you can remember. But I was thinking about starting a recipe blog for my sister and mom who are always asking me for recipes that I've tried and like but I don't want to get in trouble if it's from a recipe book. So does anyone know the etiquette/unwritten rule is there? Thanks in advance!

3 comments:

Lena Baron said...

I just mention who gave me the recipe or put a link to the website.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I've tried to read about this as I post recipes here and there on my blog. As far as I can tell, recipes (as in ingredients) aren't typically copyrighted, but the directions are? Or something like that. So even if I copy and paste a recipe, I try to use my own directions and wording in the instructions part. Sometimes this is just a matter of rephrasing.

But I always leave a link to the main source--this goes for any idea--always link to where you found!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Oh, and I'd love if you posted the recipes here! ;)