Sunday, January 29, 2012

We are pet parents

Scott came home from work the other day and handed me a piece of paper that said the following. Being a doggy mommy I thought it was hilarious.

Rules for Non-Pet Owners Who Visit and then Complain About Our Pets
1. The pets live here. You don’t.
2. If you don’t want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.
(That’s why it’s called “fur”niture.)
3. To you, our pets are just animals. To us, they are an adopted
son/daughter who happens to be hairy, walks on all fours and doesn’t speak
clearly.
4. Dogs and cats are better than kids because:
- they don’t ask for money all the time
- they are easier to train
- they usually come when called
- they don’t hang out with drug-using friends
- they don’t need a gazillion dollars for a college education, and
- if they get pregnant, you can sell the children.

I am not sure who to give credit to for this brilliance but I thought it was funny. Now don't be offended if you have kids. We love kids and would give just about anything for one of our own, but for now you'll have to get used to the fact that I talk about my dog A LOT, because to us he is our hairy child. :) Seriously, who wouldn't love this face?
(This was Christmas morning, and he got a lot of Christmas presents, you know from us, and both grandparents, and our next door neighbors so with every present we unwrapped, he thought it was for him, thus the anticipating look. See, he's just like a kid.)

6 comments:

Sandra said...

ha ha that was funny. I never thought of that...fur..niture :)

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

So sweet! I thought of my cat as my baby--not the dog though. Cosmo is so cute. Reminds me of Aunt Debbie's old dog Taffy.

Michelle said...

This is making me laugh right now. I can totally see this dog thinking she is human. So cute. It does look like Taffy, but wasn't Bandit the same breed of dog too?

Dawson Family said...

Sounds like something Joy will agree with all the way! I am a dog lover but not to the extreme of Joy,or you lol...

Steph said...

Trish & Michelle,
Cosmo is a similar breed to Taffy. But Aunt Debbie always goes crazy over Cosmo because he reminds her of Taffy. From what I remember they do look alike. Bandit was a shih tzu like Cosmo too.

Unknown said...

This is hilarious!!! I don't have any pets right now, but I did growing up. We had Golden Retrievers and I was always apologizing to my friends for the hair. SO MUCH!!!