Sunday, July 13, 2014

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord

We sang that hymn today at church and it brought back some memories of Price. I remember we sang that song in sacrament meeting a few weeks before we moved to Arizona, and I remember sobbing as I sang it. I was so excited to go to Arizona and start a new adventure but I was so sad to leave my ward family, all of the friends we had made in those 4 years, and all the familiarity of Price. It was scary, but I knew the Lord was directing us to move on, to grow more, stretch our capacity, to make new friends, to be a helping hand to others, and help us be a better us.

Something about me is that I don't do well in new settings. I don't really consider myself shy per say, but I feel like I'm my best self when I'm around people I already know and feel comfortable with. Scott is the exact opposite in that he thrives in settings where he is meeting new people. He loves it, and I hate it. So moving is never easy for me. But I'm so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows what I need, and tells me to go where He wants me to go in order to be a better me. He even led us to the area that we were meant to be in, we know that for a fact.

Our lease is up the beginning of October, and we had a lot of options in front of us. I'm feeling very grateful that Heavenly Father is allowing us to stay in this area for now. We are excited to put down some roots and throw away the moving boxes (they've survived 3 moves already). More to come on that later...

No comments: