Saturday, November 21, 2009

A race against time

We are leaving for Missouri early early Tuesday morning for Thanksgiving and for about 4 days I have been going crazy. I go to work and come home and clean and do laundry and organize. I don't know why I have this urge to have my house so clean before I leave, but I think it's partly because I hate coming home to a dirty house and loads of laundry, so I am in a race against time. I have also had a talk to prepare for for Sunday. I am also worried about sleep. I have got to get a good night's sleep before we drive to Missouri because I can't sleep in a car, and 17 hours is a long time driving. The stress of worrying about sleep will make it hard to sleep.

I really am excited about this trip but I will be glad when I'm actually there in Missouri. Hopefully we won't have any setbacks and we can get there by Wednesday evening. I doubt I will be blogging before we leave, so I will go ahead and tell you some of the things that I am thankful for...

I'm thankful for my amazing husband. He is definitely my better half. He is so patient with my stubbornness and my short comings. As I tell him all the time "I won".

I'm thankful for my wonderful family. I have amazing parents that have taught me so much and been so supportive of me. I'm grateful for the rest of my family as well. And my in-laws, I've been blessed with great in-laws.

I'm thankful to be a member of the gospel of Jesus Christ and to have that light in my life.

I'm thankful for a job. It would not be my first pick of a job (obviously I would prefer something in the field I studied) but it supports us (and we have insurance) and I have made amazing friends from working there.

I'm thankful for my dog. He brings so much joy to my life. I truly do believe that a dog is a man's best friend. He doesn't judge me and when I am mad or sad he cheers me up.

I'm thankful to be living in a house. I love our retro crazy house. It's so nice to have so much room for all of our stuff.

I am thankful for this wonderful country I live in and the freedoms that I have.

I have so many other things I'm grateful for but it would take forever to list them. I am truly blessed! I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving and will take the chance to count the blessings in your lives!

2 comments:

Steve and Tammy said...

Tammy is the same way about cleaning before we go anywhere. For myself, I think stressing about cleaning before we leave is just as bad as stressing about cleaning when we get home, but I guess you have to pick your battles, and that is the battle she chooses.

And it is nice to be able to just get home and relax. Get some rest before re-entering the non-vacation-life.

Sandra said...

Ha ha I'm reading this while your in the other room here in Missouri. I'm the same way!!! I have to have the house clean before we leave. It justs makes me stressed knowing that I'll be coming home to a dirty house! Well I'll probably go in the other room and tell you face to face he he.