Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving + Missouri = AWESOME!

It was so much fun to go back to Missouri for Thanksgiving. The week consisted of the following: shopping, pie night (the night before Thankgiving, my in-laws invite tons of people to their house, and everyone brings any kind of pie like chicken pot pie, shepherds pie and dessert pie and we all pig out, this is so that we get the pie in and we can gorge on regular food on Thanksgiving), Thanksgiving feast, watching movies with the kids, going on a daddy/daughter day to see "New Moon" with my SIL's and my FIL, hanging out with friends, family pictures, games, the boys playing tennis, going to the park, more eating, our niece Makayla's baptism, BYU/Utah game, celebrating Christmas since we won't all be together, catching up on sleep and spending quality time with family.

To say the least, it was a blast. I didn't want to come home. The 17 hour drive (one way) was worth it. I'm so glad that we went. Here are some pictures from our family photo shoot.

This is the whole family. Scott's aunt that took the pictures still has some touch ups to do.

These are my awesome in-laws! I sure do love them. There were lots of other pictures of them, but I LOVE this picture.

Us.

And just for fun I added this picture. This is our niece BriLynn. She was holding a rock and she stuck it in her mouth. She is such a doll!

7 comments:

Joylybean said...

It sounds like you had a great holiday! Seeing those pictures made me realize how much I miss you guys and the rest of the Westwood clan. I'm glad you trip went well and you are home safe!

Sandra said...

Ha ha. I still laugh about that picture of BriLynn. Silly little girl. We miss everyone, we didn't want to come home either, darn work and school he he. I hope you have a wonderful week, we are still trying to catch up on sleep. We decided to drive the whole way instead of stopping. The kids were real troopers.

Laurel said...

i'm so glad you have a connection to missouri.
yay for family time.

xoxo

Dawson Family said...

For some reason I can't usually comment on your blog but I wanted to tell you thanks for sharing the pictures. You are blessed to have the Westwoods for in-laws... they are the best!

Kerri and Cody said...

What great pictures! I somehow always miss you when you come to Missouri! (Although busy family time at Thanksgiving is kind of a given! I don't think I was even home most of the weekend!) Glad you had a great time!

Michelle said...

So glad you had a great time. Maybe next time you will get stopped by a storm and come stay with me!

Trevor and Melissa said...

This is a little late in coming, but I'm so glad we got to see you two and had some catch-up time. Love the family picture. It's pretty hard to get a really good one with that many people - so great job!