Monday, February 15, 2010

He loves me!

Our Valentine's Day was so great! Scott got me some flowers, the kind that never die. They are so pretty and I love them! We cooked dinner for each other and ate by candlelight.
I cooked Scott meatloaf and green beans. It doesn't look great but Scott says it tasted good, so I'll take his word for it.
Scott made me stir-fry. It was SO good. I'm getting used to eating healthy. It just takes a lot more time to cook and is so much more expensive. I have learned to make food in large quantities so that it will last me for a week.


In other news...this is my green drink. I borrowed my SIL's juicer and I juiced my greens. I did something really dumb though, I juiced a clove of garlic with it. It seemed like a good idea at the time. But it made the drink hot and nasty. I will be trying it again without that.


A week ago Scott was in the play "1776" and I bought him this steak instead of flowers since he is not a fan of flowers. I thought I'd give him something more manly. He was pretty excited. This is him salivating before the first bite. Hmm... steak.

And finally, as Scott and I were cleaning the living room this morning, we put all of Cosmo's toys away and this is how we found him a few minutes later. In the middle of all of his toys chewing his bone. He is quite the character.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

That picture doesn't even look like Scott. I got flowers that never die too. Well they die but come back again (tulips) I've never tried to juice a garlic, good to know so I don't try it. Glad you guys had a good Valentines. Great idea about getting the steak instead of flowers ;)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a good Valentines day! (o: That stir fry looks so yummy.

EJ said...

Both of those dinners look so good! I don't know if I could do the green drink, though. You are awesome for sticking with it.

Michelle said...

Great job on keeping up the healthy eating! Your dinner looks so yummy~

destiny808 said...

I think yours looked much yummier! And so colorful! I am so proud of your self control!