Friday, February 19, 2010

That old tattered shirt

Okay, so I've had this shirt for about 9 years. It served me well as I served at Su Casa. It has endured salsa stains, black bean stains, soda stains, it has been with me through thick and thin (literally), dates, interviews, Sundays and many other occasions. I realized the other day that there was a big grease stain on it and I had just washed it, so I had to submit to the fact that it was time to part ways. However I used my bottle of Shout and it came out! The problem still remains that it is worn, it is faded, but I don't want to throw it away. I always give Scott grief because he has more shirts than I can count, some dating back to high school. So my question is, do you only wear clothes for a certain amount of years or do you wear them til they are haggard? Am I crazy to want to keep the shirt?

6 comments:

Jacqueline Clark said...

No you don't have to! I wore a pair of Tommy Hilfiger shoes for 7 years and I wore them every day! They were haggard! My mom made me a deal that she would buy me a new pair of shoes if I would get rid of them haha. I wear all of my stuff till it can't be worn anymore. There is no shame in faded worn clothing :)

Lena Baron said...

No Shame at all!

Sandra said...

I have some shirts from High School. Some I don't wear anymore and I have no idea why I keep them but I guess I think that maybe one day I will. I'm the wear it in and wear it out, make it do or do without type.

Steve said...

I tend to wear my clothes until they become immodest... and then they become around-the-house clothes until I can no longer tell which hole is which.

Unless I outgrow them. Then I hold onto them for 5+ years, expecting them to fit again someday. Sometimes they do. Sometimes they go to the DI.

Michelle said...

Now you can go buy another shirt! I hardly ever give up clothes. I am borderline a hoarder. (Only with clothes and shoes however).

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

LOL! I am a self-proclaimed packrat so I'd probably keep the shirt. I have a ton of old t-shirts with holes in the pits that I still wear around the house. Other clothes, though, if it doesn't fit for years (yes, years) then I'll usually do away with.