Sunday, May 23, 2010

I'm coming Mickey!!!


In honor of our trip to Cali I have changed the background of the blog once again. I tried to set a goal to no talk to Scott about it everyday but it hasn't happened yet. Some of you have asked where exactly we are going. Scott's family has a tradition of going camping on the beach of the 4th of July in Carlsbad. They don't do it as often since they moved to Missouri, but when we went back for Thanksgiving they told us that they wanted to do the trip this year. They usually go for 2 weeks but where they have to plan 2-3 day travel time each way we decided one week would be good. So we are camping on Carlsbad State Beach. We will be going to Disneyland (yippee!), exploring San Diego, and spending countless hours soaking up the sun on the beach.

I was talking to some co-workers about it and I was saying there is no where else that I would rather go this summer than southern Cal. They were boggled by this. But I haven't been in 5 years and that is the longest amount of time that I haven't been there. My parents are from Anaheim and my grandparents lived there until I was 8, so it was the vacation spot of choice. My mom's brothers worked for Disney so we would go down and stay with my grandma and then they would just usher us into the park. We got free souvenirs and all that good stuff. My brothers and sisters used to beg not to go there cuz they would get sick of it. But not me! When I go there, I feel like I'm home. There is nothing like driving through Barstow and going down Cajon Pass. At that point you roll your windows down and you can start to smell the combination of ocean and pollution. I know it doesn't sound like a pleasant smell but it is one of my favorite smells in the world.

6 comments:

Charity said...

I love Cali! Josh and I and our kids are going to Cali as well. In 2 weeks! I'm so excited.
We are going to try and hit Lego Land and Sea World, and definitely hitting the beaches and Disneyland! I hope you have a fun, safe trip. Take lots of pics!

Dawson Family said...

You will have SO MUCH fun!!!!!

Sandra said...

See you there :)

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Ooooh--I love the new background!!

Southern Cali will always remind me of Grandma and Grandpa--we had such great memories there growing up. And LOVE Disney. Hope you guys have a blast!

Michelle said...

I am totally jeal. I wish I was going to disney.

I had no idea that your mother is from Southern Cali.

I will always remember Grandma and Grandpas house down there, and I would love to go back there too. It has been about that long since I have been there as well.

Are you going to stop and see any family while you are there?

Sandra said...

Steph, Thank you so much for your comment on my last post. It made me feel so good! I appreciate all your words of encouragement. Thanks again! See you in a couple weeks :)