Saturday, May 15, 2010

Westwood Family Update

I am such a slacker! It has been a crazy month filled with twist and turns and by the end of the day I just want to go to bed and not blog. But I have so many fun pictures to share from the last month that I thought I better get on it...

So a month ago while Scott was out of town my mom came down and helped me plant some flowers and start a garden. Here are some pretty petunias that are on my front porch.

And my little strawberry bush that is finally growing. I planted 18 of these babies and about 5 are starting to form leaves. The others are still trying to survive my horrible soil. My neighbor ordered the plants online and they are supposed to produce huge strawberries.
My blackberry bush...
My raspberry bush (which is being eaten by some type of bug, if you have any suggestions of what to do about this, I am willing try anything.)
The vegetables will be planted next week. It will be fun to do a garden again.


In other news, our renter moved out. Yes we had a renter. She moved in last August and surprised us by randomly moving out a couple weeks ago. But that's okay, we feel it's for the best. But we had Scott's cousin Jamin living with us for 4 weeks and that was a blast. She is not a dog person, but a few days before she left she said she couldn't imagine living without a dog now. Her and Cosmo became bff's and he was super sad when she packed up. He would do this to her everytime she got home from school or work. He would sit like this until she would love him and play with him.
And this is how I found them one day. How cute is that!
And the last picture was just for fun. Cosmo had a sty in his eye and twice a day we would have to do compresses so Scott would wrap him in a blanket and hold him like a baby and I would do the compress. It got to the point where Scott would hold him for longer than necessary. And then they fell asleep one time. They are so cute together.
PS. 24 more days til we go to Cali!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

How cute! Looks like Cosmo really knows how to put people to sleep. :) So is there a mother in law apartment to the house? I didn't know you guys were renting anything, do you have a landlord you have to approve tenants with? Sorry about all the questions..just curious. So about the bugs. If you have a Seed and garden store they should be able to tell you what you can use on it to get rid of it by looking at a leaf. Up here we go to Andersons and they are amazing, our crab apple tree had branches that looked burned and we just took a branch in and in a split second he knew what it was and gave us the treatment it needed. I'm so excited to plant, we are planning on doing it on Monday for our FHE activity. Sing with me....Faith is like a little seed, if planted it will grow ha ha.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I second Sandra's suggestion to take the leaves into your local nursery. They should hopefully be able to help you.

We don't have bugs eating our plants (that I can tell) but we do have rabbits eating our leafy flowers. Makes me so mad!!! I picked up some organic deterrent but I'm not sure that it's working much.

Good luck! Fresh berries would certainly be worth it!

Dawson Family said...

Yeah if you guys come our way for sure stop by! That would be so great! I am so jealous of your Cali trip! Give Karin a HUGE hug from me!