Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

Okay, call me crazy, insane, loony, mental, or whatever you want, but I went Black Friday shopping (for my first time) and I had so much fun! My sister (Jen), niece (Kenzie 17) and I got up and went to Target at 4 a.m. We made our lists the night before, carefully planned our strategy of how we were going to execute this mission. We got there as the end of the line (0f the super crazy people) that were entering the store. People were already exiting the story with their LCD TV's, so obviously they let people in a little early. The 3 of us went in expecting we wouldn't be buying everything on our list. To our surprise we all found everything on our list within 15 minutes (plus some things not on our lists).

Getting through the line took over an hour but it was so worth it! I saved $180, which was more than I spent. To my surprise there was no shoving or fighting over products. People were polite (besides some of the people that tried to cut in line). I really don't know why I haven't done this sooner. I will definitely be going out next year!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

The first year I went I was 9 month pregnant with Andrew and people were pushing me around. I thought at least being pregnant you would get some compassion but nope. I'm glad you had a good experience. It is kind of a rush. I didn't see anything for us to go. We missed you coming through on Tuesday. It was great to see Scott and the kids were excited to see Cosmo :)

Jacqueline Clark said...

I had my first Black Friday experience this year too and I think it is going to have to be a yearly tradition. I Love It!!! If I am ever in Utah for Thanksgiving I will have to call you up and we should go together!

Michelle said...

Eek! I gottasay that I am truly afraid of black Friday! Glad you had fun though!