Saturday, November 6, 2010

Clearance means good times!

I was at Walmart today buying a few groceries and they had all of their leftover Halloween stuff on clearance up to 90% off. They had a whole shopping cart with dog Halloween costumes for $2 each. Originally I loaded up the cart with 5 different costumes but after standing there for a few minutes I had time to think of Scott's reaction and how I couldn't explain the need to purchase 5 different costumes for our dog. I limited it down to 2. One of them doesn't fit as well and I wish I would have picked out the hot dog costume instead but they are both so cute. (I even went back later today to get some others but the cart was almost empty.)

Luckily my dog was a good sport. I know he looked really upset in this picture but really he's just drugged. It's laundry day and he was having some anxiety issues.
And here is Cosmo in his second costume, it's a little small but still so funny.

I know I know, I'm sure a lot of you don't understand the relationship we have with our dog (my mom may be the only one that enjoys this post), but really he is our kid. Since we haven't been blessed with children yet, he fills some of that void. We love our boy and are so glad that he lives with us!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I LOVE IT! I actually like the jockey rider one more than the bee, I think it's funny. You should have bought all five :)

EJ said...

He looks awesome! I love that you love your dog so much! And I totally get it. Yesterday I was at Petsmart (getting fish stuff because my hubby is obsessed) and I was watching all the dogs in "doggy daycare" with tears rolling down my face because I miss my dog so much. :)

Joylybean said...

I know you have seen my post with Copper and the grape costume so you know that I totally get this! What you may not have seen is that I did go back and I now have 5 costume choices for the dogs - yeah, I'm insane!

Kerri and Cody said...

That's awesome! I love the jockey costume too!