Thursday, July 9, 2009

Another Garden Update

Okay I'm sure that you are all tired of hearing about my garden, but this is really one of my passions lately. I get giddy when I see it, and seeing how fast it grows... and the fact that I haven't killed it yet has been nice. I don't have a great track record with plants so this has been a blast. Thanks to our great friends who have given us the space and have taught us what to do. They should get most of the credit.

Our onions are finally peaking out. I just planted them a couple weeks ago.
Our sugarsnap peas are finally growing up.
We were able to pick one pepper, it was small and had stopped growing and was turning a weird color so we haven't attempted to eat it yet. I think it stopped growing because these two started growing pretty close to it.

Our tomato bush is growing out of control and is growing quite a few tomatoes. Here is one of them. Can't wait for it to turn red!

We thought that our cucumber plant was dead. The stems were splitting and they weren't growing at all while the others were thriving. Well here it is. SO glad we didn't pull it out! It's growing like crazy!

Our strawberry bush is attempting to make more strawberries, hopefully we get some more soon. And our green beans have just grown so much!
We can't wait to eat our fresh veggies! I'm sure there will be more updates later.

2 comments:

Lena Baron said...

BEAUTIFUL! Great job! I love gardens. I especially LOVE my gardener (that would be my hubby!;)

Have fun!! Good luck with everything.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Yum!! We are too hot here to grow anything, but I'm always envious of those who can grow (and eat!!) their own stuff. Hope the peppers start turning out better...they don't look so bad in the picture.