Monday, March 1, 2010

A weekend of temptations

Scott and I went up to Salt Lake over the weekend for a few different events and it was definitely a weekend of temptation. It has officially been 2 months without sugar, flour, and dairy and after the first couple of weeks it wasn't so bad. I could easily resist things. Now I'm to the point where I still feel the same as day 1 (although my clothes fit better) and I just want to eat again. But I'm waiting to hear back from my doctor about a few things so I'm not going to ruin this eating streak until I know some things.

So this weekend was filled with some of my favorite things, that I had to resist and it was pretty tough. Here are some of my favorite things that I got to see this weekend...

  • Dunford chocolate cake donuts (The best cake donut in the world!) with a cold glass of milk.
  • Belgium waffles with strawberries, bananas and whipped cream.
  • Chicken salad sandwiches on crescents.
  • All sorts of fresh fruits.
  • Su Casa food... fajitas, refried beans, cheese...mmmm.
  • Ice cream and pie.
  • Really greasy onion rings.
  • Homemade chicken enchiladas.
  • Mom's homemade chicken enchiladas.
  • Fresh brewed root beer.
  • And last but not least... my favorite Easter candy... mini Cadbury eggs.
So if anyone asks, you can tell them that Stephanie Westwood does have self control and she is darn proud of that.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Way to go Steph!!!! I don't think I could have as much self control as you.

EJ said...

Congrats! I think you are definitely stronger than I would be. You should be proud of yourself.

Lena Baron said...

I remember those temptations! It is REALLY hard!! I feel for you and CONGRATULATIONS on resisting! You'll know when it's time to start adding a few more things to your diet. Just take your time. I hope you find out good things from your doc!

Anonymous said...

Good for you Stephanie! I got hungry just from reading your post.. I am so jealous of your self control!! (o: Maybe one day I will find some!