Tuesday, August 24, 2010

He did it!

Scott, my dad, my brother Joey, my niece Ali-Jo, my brother-in-law Jimmy and my nephew Nick all set out to hike Mount Timpanogas... not the cave, but the top. Scott, Joey and Ali-Jo were the only ones to make it to the top but the others made a valiant effort. 20 miles, sore bodies, sunburns and many blisters on their feet later they made it to this...
The summit
He's on top of the world!
They signed the log book and wrote their names on a signature rock.
They were able to see to the south tip of the Great Salt Lake, all of Utah county, up to Jordanelle and Heber and even down to the south part of Emery county. Scott said it was so worth it even though he is still paying for it. I'm so happy that some of them made it all the way up.

5 comments:

SD and EJ said...

That is the coolest hike and so worth it. I'm glad he made it!

Sandra said...

That is awesome. What an accomplishment. Cool pictures.

Elaine said...

And that cubicle at the top is where David left his expensive, new glasses a couple of years ago:-) Hooray for everyone and what a beautiful sight at the top! So glad they took pictures.

Michelle said...

That looks so gorgeous! I am so jealous that they were able to do that! I am so NOT a hiker (just like a runner) but would really love to. What an amazing feeling I am sure!

Laurel said...

so proud of all of them! i LOVE that AliJo did it. She is such a rockstar.

miss you.