Friday, March 4, 2011

Life without television

It's been 5 days with no TV and I'm handling this better than I thought I would. It could partly be because we have had something every night this week so I didn't notice much. I did notice every night around 6 pm when reruns of "The Office" and "Friends" are playing. Even if I didn't sit down and watch them, I would usually turn them on for background noise while I was cooking. (Scott thinks I'm nuts to watch these on TV since I have both shows on DVD). Now I'm dependent on Pandora (have you tried the Glee station, GREAT music). Since we don't have cable I asked Scott to hook up my Super Nintendo so it's been "game on" in our house. I haven't lost my touch when it comes to Dr. Mario and I take a lot of pride in how good I am. I know it's not a huge accomplishment but it is one thing that I'm better at than Scott, which is rare (He seriously is so good at everything!) I am bummed that I am not able to watch American Idol. I was so skeptical when they swapped out the judges but I've rather enjoyed them. The only thing that annoys me is that they have to beep Jennifer Lopez in about every sentence that she says. Seriously, is it that necessary to curse in every sentence?

In other news... Scott will be in his last play at CEU March 31st-April 5. He has a role in "The Odd Couple". It is supposed to be hilarious, and I'm so excited to get to see him act again! We hope that some of you will be able to make it down to see him.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow thats perfect timing for his play. Well not for me to attend but if Mom and Dad come out they can see the show. They mentioned they might come out when the baby is born and I'm due the 30th. I'm actually hoping I go early he he. My hips are starting to hurt a lot more. It seems like we haven't seen you guys for a long time. Will he be graduating in May/June?

Michelle said...

I think that I actually remember how good you were at Dr. Mario. That is one of my favorite games. I love that and Tetris. I will have to check out the Glee station on Pandora. I love Pandora too.