Wednesday, March 30, 2011

30 minutes

Thirty minutes... that is what I set the timer for. I have had no motivation whatsoever to do anything all week long. So I decided that I would set the timer for 30 minutes and during that time I had to do chores. No distractions. Just as much work as I could do. I kinda felt like I was in adult time out. Punishment for days gone by with no housework.

Sometimes I don't know where to find the motivation to do the things I need to but this 30 minute rule worked out quite nicely. I was able to get quite a bit done. It was awesome. Also having company come to town is always a nice motivator to get things cleaned up.

If you have any advice on gaining motivation I'm open to suggestions.

3 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Love this idea, Steph. And I'm guessing it would probably work for me as well. If I have a big fat list of chores that needs to be done, I try to think of something I can do between to motivate myself. But then I usually get distracted and never make it back to the chores. ;)

Listening to really pumped up music on the ipod sometimes helps.

Michelle said...

Well, at least you had enough motivation to set the timer and work for 30 minutes! that is something. I, too, listen to music that gets me motivated.

Laurel said...

brilliant plan, just so you know.
I tell myself all the time I just have to work out for a set time period or calorie burn. goal. Otherwise, I wouldn't do it.

You smartie you!
(miss you)