Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Scotty the Hotty!

My man is officially 1 year away from being the big 3-0. (Well, in all reality he's less than a year away since I'm 4 days late in blogging about his birthday.) I had to work up in SLC on his birthday but I was home by evening and we got to spend a nice evening at the "fancy" restaurant here in Price, and then he opened presents and we both fell asleep, super exciting. There was one present that I had to get to him late because it took some time to make, and I couldn't make it while he was at home. He's been talking for some time about a sherbert watermelon. I had no idea what that was, but apparently that was one of his favorite treats as a kid. He explained to me what it consisted of and I figured it couldn't be too hard to make. I used my trusty friend Google and of course it helped me find a way to make this tasty treat.

So here's what I did:

I got a metal 2 qt. metal bowl and wrapped it with plastic wrap. (SUPER important step)

Then I put a layer (about a pints worth) of soft lime sherbert along the bowl and stuck it in the freezer until it was pretty solid.
Then I put a layer of softened pineapple sherbert over the layer of lime sherbert (about a pint) and put it in the freezer to harden.

Then I took some softened raspberry sherbert and put it in a bowl (about 1 1/2- 2 pints worth of sherbert) and mixed some mini chocolate chips in it.

Then I filled up the rest of the bowl with that mixture and stuck it into the freezer til it was rock solid.

After it had set, I turned it upside-down on a plate and put it into the freezer until we were ready to eat it.

You can't tell by the look on his face but he was VERY excited about this. It was well worth the work just to see him so excited.

Here is how we served it, like a slice of watermelon, and it was oh so tasty!

I just have to say that I love this guy more and more everyday, and I've never been so happy. Here to many more birthdays to come!

3 comments:

Dawson Family said...

I LOVE that treat too! I want to make one now. Happy late b-day to Scotty! Amy

Calli said...

Mmm Yummy!

Michelle said...

That is the cutest thing ever!