Thursday, June 2, 2011

Brief highlights and lowlights

We got back Monday from a trip that we made to Missouri. We were there for a little over a week and it definitely wasn't what we had planned. My in-laws live about 10 miles away from Joplin Missouri and the second night that we were there was when the tornado came through. I will post more about our trip later, but I don't know when. I'm somewhat sleep deprived and my house is a mess, and I have no food in my fridge (yes I've been home for 3 days now and haven't grocery shopped) so I'm trying to be responsible and get things organized here before I spend take doing other things (like blogging a really long post). Below are some pictures from our trip. I'll fill you in on them later.

Vail Pass

Kansas City Temple (still being built)

One of hundreds of pictures we took of Joplin

Branson

2 comments:

Dawson Family said...

I am so sorry you were there for that! I am so grateful all of my "adopted" Westwood family is ok. Hope you at least had some fun moments amiss the tragedy. Amy

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Wow! Like Dawson said above, I hope there was some good in the trip. But I bet it was pretty traumatic being in town during the tornado.

Scott and I went to Branson last year (just for one night) and it's a strange city. Beautiful but strange. Don't even know how to explain it!