Monday, May 26, 2008

Oh the joy of modern technology!

Scott and I have been in Price for 2 weeks now. We are settling into our apartment and have unpacked most of our stuff. I have had to come to terms with the fact that we won't be using our extra bedroom for a guest bedroom. We have one wall that has boxes against it almost to the ceiling, 2 rows of boxes deep. It takes up quite a bit of the room but that's ok, we don't have random things in our living areas like we did before and that is really nice. The extra room is now serving as a laundry room/exercise room/storage room/TV room. Yep, you heard right, for the first time in our married life, we have a TV! I could always watch TV at my parents when there was something that interested me, but being away from everything, we decided to break down and get cable. This came on Friday with our internet. If you're really quiet and you listen carefully you can hear angels singing "Aaaaahhhhh". I don't start work for 3 more weeks and the last 2 weeks I've had a hard time finding things to do all day. We could watch movies but now I don't have to go to the college to watch American Idol (which is now over) or to check my email. You don't realize how much you can't do when you don't have internet. As for the cable, I like being able to watch the news and a few shows that I will not admit being addicted to. The TV that we have is in that extra room and the best place to sit in that room in on the exercise bike, which could be a good or a bad thing. Yes, I did plan it that way, I must work to get my reward. And you would think that having 24 hours a day with not much to do, it would be a lot easier to find the time and motivation to exercise, but it is still easy to find an excuse. I'm hoping that this new plan will work.

No comments: