Sunday, January 10, 2010

Week 1 is over

Okay so here is the update on the food restrictions. I haven't cheated which really is the easy part. Although the food I'm eating is bland and is getting old real fast, I try not to let myself think about the foods I'm missing out on. I just think about the foods I can have. Some days I am so tired of the same food that I would rather be hungry than eat but I know that's not a good idea. My stomach has been growling for a week now, none of the food I eat seems to satisfy the hunger. I could eat more, but eating organically is incredibly expensive and so I have to conserve. My SIL Sandra asked why I could have Granny Smith apples and not other kinds. To be honest I'm not sure but I was excited to be able to have fruit so I didn't really care. I had one on one of the first few days and it was divine. I had one yesterday and I have been paying for it for 24 hours. So I think if I have anymore I will limit it to a slice and it will only be when I feel my blood sugar is low.

The first few days I thought this was going to be cake (Mmmm, cake), I didn't have any real side effects besides being hungry and incredibly grouchy. But the program said I would get worse before I got better and it has hit. Just the last couple days my symptoms have been magnified and I've been really weak. So I'm trying to push through this. Having the symptoms be worse makes me wonder if this is going to work but I am going to get through this.

On another note, my incredibly supportive, patient and loving husband made me dinner. It was the tastiest thing I've had all week.
It was gorgeous and so good. I got some pasta from the health food store that is gluten free and he mixed in some roasted vegetables and some grilled chicken with it. He is the best!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so proud of you! I did a low carb diet last year, and I know the withdrawls of sugar are HARD! It will get better and you will feel so good! As far as it helping with your symptoms, can you tell a difference yet?

Lena Baron said...

It does get better! Keep going! Good Luck! Granny Smith has the least amount of sugar;)

Sandra said...

It sounds like Lena has done this from her comment. Thats good news that it gets better. I hope that the coming week is a good one. That was so nice for Scott to make that for you, what a great hubby. (must get it from his big bro he he)

Anonymous said...

Good job so far! Keep it up! Your husband is such a sweetie to cook for you!!

Jacqueline Clark said...

Hang in there! It sounds like your husband is doing a wonderful job at helping you through it. You're a lucky girl!