Sunday, November 23, 2008

100 things I am thankful for

In honor of this time of season, I thought it would be appropriate to share the things that I am thankful for. I know that 100 is a lot, but I think it's good to think about the small things along with the big ones that make life so sweet. (This does not go in order of what I am most thankful for, it's just as it pops into my head.)

  1. My loving husband, who constantly shows me unconditional love. (Poor guy had never seen me after a football game when BYU has lost to Utah, and he STILL loves me.)
  2. My parents- The most supportive and loving people I know.
  3. My dog. Oh how I love my Cosmo.
  4. My siblings- I seriously have the funnest siblings in the world.
  5. My nieces and nephews- They are the ones that make life interesting.
  6. All other family members...you know who you are.
  7. Friends- That's a broad group, but I have some amazing friends!
  8. The Atonement- without which I would be doomed.
  9. My apartment- Though small and old fashioned, it is a roof over my head.
  10. A furnace- This time of year, that's important!
  11. The true gospel of Jesus Christ- The knowledge of all I need to know to get through this life with peace.
  12. A loving, forgiving Heavenly Father.
  13. My cute primary class!
  14. A great ward.
  15. Gas being under $2.00 here in Price.
  16. Movies.
  17. Books.
  18. Having a job that supports us.
  19. The opportunity I had to get an education.
  20. Food!
  21. A healthy body, for the most part.
  22. Temple blessings.
  23. The priesthood.
  24. Many, many, many shoes.
  25. Clothing
  26. A marriage that will last forever.
  27. My scentsy candle.
  28. Memories of trips with my family.
  29. Disneyland
  30. The ocean.
  31. The mountains.
  32. Trees
  33. Paved roads
  34. A car that is currently running smoothly.
  35. Prayer
  36. The sacrament.
  37. The chance to travel.
  38. My computer.
  39. The internet.
  40. Photos.
  41. Indoor plumbing.
  42. Modern medicine.
  43. Water heater.
  44. Washer and dryer.
  45. Having my church around the corner.
  46. My wedding ring.
  47. 2 functioning eyes.
  48. 2 functioning ears.
  49. A nose that can smell.
  50. A tongue that can taste.
  51. The sense of touch.
  52. Blankets.
  53. My pillow.
  54. An alarm clock.
  55. A cell phone.
  56. A Walmart in this small town.
  57. Music.
  58. An amazing ancestry.
  59. Joseph Smith.
  60. President Monson.
  61. All kitchen appliances.
  62. A Sunday dinner with my family, with games after.
  63. Being able to live in the USA.
  64. Having some food storage.
  65. My braided money tree a.k.a Gene.
  66. Cruise ships.
  67. Paper.
  68. A DVD player (and no we do not have DVR or TIVO, we are living the poor college student life still, it rocks!)
  69. A great boss.
  70. Awesome co-workers.
  71. Toilet paper.
  72. My tooth brush.
  73. Sunshine.
  74. Moonshine.
  75. Rain.
  76. My rice cooker.
  77. My $15, practically new microwave that I got on KSL.com, that can pop the perfect popcorn.
  78. Gum.
  79. Water.
  80. Loving people that invite us to Thanksgiving dinner when we have no other place to go.
  81. Holiday pay at work.
  82. The Office (the TV show).
  83. Living in a democracy (hopefully that doesn't end soon).
  84. Babies- Gotta love their cute hands and feet and squeaky noises.
  85. A blow drier.
  86. Hair straightener.
  87. Remote controls.
  88. Comfy soft slippers.
  89. Hot chocolate maker.
  90. Rainbows.
  91. Su Casa.
  92. Snow, when I'm inside and don't have to go anywhere.
  93. A kitchen table, which we didn't technically have our first 6 months of marriage.
  94. Guitar Hero...I rock!
  95. The Book of Mormon.
  96. Temples...and having 14, soon to be 16 within a 6 hour drive of my house.
  97. The holiday season.
  98. All 4 limbs.
  99. BYU football!!!
  100. Home.
If you got to the end, that's pretty amazing, because I probably would have skimmed it. It's an amazing time of year, don't forget how blessed you are to have so much!

6 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Hey girl! Thanks for popping by and saying hi. Lately I've discovered a few cousin's blogs and it is so fun to keep in touch with everyone--so I'm thrilled to add you to my list! I also have a more personal blog (on my profile - Love and Travel) that I don't update very often but do occasionally (I keep telling myself that as soon as I get caught up with my posts I'll start posting more regularly).

I hope everything is going well!

Sandra said...

Great list! What a great idea to list 100 things. I think we often take for granted the little things we enjoy everyday...such as your sunshine, or water, a rainbow etc. Thanks for sharing!

SD and EJ said...

That is such a good idea to think of all those! Happy Thanksgiving!

Laurel said...

i want points for NOT skimming!
miss you.

Carrie said...

Amen to all of that! I'll bet we could all come up with at least that many things to be grateful for. Heaven knows we have no shortage of blessings!

Kenzie said...

:) nieces and nephews were on the list. that made me smile :)

well if I made a list, you'd definitely be on it! :)

love and miss you so much!!!!