Sunday, November 16, 2008

That game up north

This is the week. The week full of excitement, rivalry, smack talk and most of all...anxiety. It is rivalry week. If you don't know what rivalry I'm talking about then you don't know me very well. I've very nervous and my pride is on the line. This week I will be cutting ties with some friends for a week (and maybe more if my team loses). It is better to not be friends for this week than to hear smart alec remarks and lose friends. (Or say the smart alec comments and offend friends). Through the years it has gotten into an ugly rivalry rather than a fun one where personal attacks are made about character and beliefs rather than teams ability. Can't we all just get along and get back to the smack talk of solely teams? I think it's good that I'm here in Price where the rivalry isn't as heated. Maybe I would handle a loss a lot better down here.  And while we are on the subject, my personal opinion is that neither team is that good this year. We just play really crappy teams! Both teams win over teams that are bad and I honestly feel that we are both heavily overrated. I think that if either of us make it to a bowl game, either team will be slaughtered, but we shall see...May the better team win!

6 comments:

Christi said...

My dad (huge BYU fan) is kind of mad at me because yesterday I said, "You know if BYU wins they're going to ruin it for everybody." :)
I'm always conflicted about this game because I grew up a BYU fan, but got my degrees from the U. I owe the U my standard of living!

Joylybean said...

I knew you would be the first to comment on my last post! Made me laugh (: I am hoping for a good game - I have tickets so I am pretty excited!

SD and EJ said...

Sadly, I agree with you that BYU is overrated this year. They better win because I have the cutest BYU stuff for Ashlyn to wear to stake conference when they win (I live in Holladay now; everyone is a U of U fan).

Jody said...

GO UTES!!! I can't wait to see what your parents and the Sailors have all cooked up for this rivalry week. It is always so fun to see what they do...

Jody said...

BTW-I love you no matter what...and I will always cherish our friendship, even during rivalry week!!! :)

Kenzie said...

I agree... both teams aren't very good this year. It will be interesting to see who wins.... really, it could go either way. But i'm still cheerin on my favorite team -- byu of course!! Go cougs!!! love ya Stephy