Friday, November 14, 2008

The infestation of the potato bug

We have been lucky that we haven't had to worry too much about bugs here. Our windows are doubled up so they can't get in very easily. I think in the 6 months we've been here, we've seen a total of 8 spiders (all big ones) in our house, but that's not too bad. We've seen a few crickets (that are big, incredibly ugly, and appear in the weirdest places) but they don't scare me like spiders. And now we are finding potato bugs all over. Baby ones. They don't scare me, but I just have to shake out everything that I put on the floor because they are everywhere! I even found one in an article of clothing that I was wearing and I don't know how it got there. I can't find the source but hopefully I do soon, I'm tired of wearing slippers everywhere. But like I said, it could be WAY worse.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Have you thought about a bug bomb? If your leaving for the weekend put one of those out and hopefully you won't be bothered with them. We had a mosquito problem for awhile. I guess they are all wanting a warm place to stay eh?

SD and EJ said...

I HATE spiders! They scare me so bad!! Bugs used to not bother me, but when we lived in Provo we got these huge, scary, really fast house centipedes that were seriously the creepiest things on earth. And they were everywhere. I have goosebumps just writing about them. Hopefully you can figure out where the bugs are coming from!