Thursday, November 6, 2008

A much needed day off


Yesterday was the last day of a 9-day working streak. My house was a mess, I was exhausted and I haven't been feeling so good. I feel like I've been coming down with something so I've been downing the echinacea and Vitamin-C. I got a good nights sleep and got up this morning and got to work on cleaning this messy house. I worked and worked and worked and about 5 I got showered and dressed and ran some errands for an hour and came home and got back into my pj's. I'm not feeling so good again. I hate being sick and I'm going to Salt Lake tomorrow so I've got to get feeling better. But I have to say that my house is really clean. I love it when it's that way. I can just sit back and relax and then I hear the buzzer of my drier in the background. Seriously I don't mind doing laundry, it's the folding it that gets me down. And then I remember that I still need to prepare my lesson for Primary on Sunday and pack. So, does the list of "to-do" ever end? That is the question.

In other news, I'm disappointed with the election this year but I am genuinely curious as to how the next 4 years will go. The nation is changing rapidly and I'm constantly seeing signs of the time. I wonder how many more signs I will see in the next 4 years. It will be interesting to see...

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I hope you feel better soon. It's no fun to feel sick. I agree about having a clean house though, you always feel so much better. I relish the two minutes it stays clean :) With kids it doesn't stay that way long. Sorry to say the work never ends. I thought that his speech was very hopeful and I'm curious as to how it will go. Have a great weekend!

Kat Dahl said...

I second Sandra! A clean house makes me feel better too. This past week has been a bit hectic, and I've been forming "piles" everywhere. The apartment was really starting to look awful, and there was barely a place to sit in the living room. I've not been feeling sick, but lately Mark and I have been feeling a little down, and the apartment was not helping at all. Yesterday I took about a 1/2 hour and just straightened things up, did the dishes, and it really makes a big difference. I hope you start to feel better soon. I hate being sick, and I don't like to see other people sick either. Take care!

Carrie said...

Sorry you got the "gamboo" as my mom calls it. I could tell you didn't feel good at work the other night. I hope you are feeling better!

We we talking about the election today at church and though I have serious fears about Obama, it's a HUGE relief to know that we have a prophet who will never lead us astray. The Lord is in charge, not Obama, and as long as we follow Him, and are prepared, we don't need to fear. We've been warned for a long time that the American government will fall if wickedness continues, which it has. Maybe that time has come. Obama could make some good changes, but then again he might not. I think everyone will be waiting to see if he pulls through on what he has promised. Keep the faith!