Saturday, November 29, 2008

Week in review

This week has been crazy! I've been busy with work, trying to get evaluations done on my whole team and Scott has been busy with school and getting ready for finals. The VP of the company that I work for came into Price on Wednesday and we had a 2 hour meeting with him about how we can improve our branch. That was pretty overwhelming, but good. I'm lucky to have such great bosses. We even spent 30 minutes of our meeting time watching the lastest episode of The Office just because. It was freakin awesome! I also had to have a 1 on 1 with him, talk about under pressure. I'm glad it's over with and all in all it went really well.

We also got a new niece in our family, BriLynn. She is definitely a part of her family, she looks just like the other kids. It's been over 6 years since either side of our family has had a baby girl so we are so excited to meet her and have her as part of the family!

We got to spend Thanksgiving here in Price. Scott's professor/friend and his wife invited us to have dinner with them. It was great to spend some time with them, they are 2 of the best people you could ever meet. They have taken us under their wing. I chose to work the evening of Thanksgiving and the day after. They are both paid holidays so if I work them I make 2 and 1/2 times what I usually do. It's something that we couldn't pass up, so we stayed in town.

I am now in day 5 of an 11 day working streak. I've had to trade some shifts around so that we can go home this weekend for Jonah's blessing. We are so excited to see how much he has grown. We are hoping to go to Temple Square while we are in town to see the lights.

Among other news, I found out something disturbing today. Apparently Price has scorpions. Luckily we haven't seen any yet but it makes me nervous to think that they are around. Apparently at the local Wal-mart, a worker saw 2 just running down an isle in the store. NOT comforting. I'll stick with my potato bug problem anyday!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Yikes I don't like scorpions. I grew up an hour from Price and I remember finding some in our house :( Good luck, I hope you don't run into any. Are you going to candy day?