Monday, December 8, 2008

A great/horrible weekend

This past weekend was a much needed break from work. We got to go to my parents house and spend the weekend. Saturday I finally got to see Twilight. I really liked it! I thought that it was less cheesy than the book, so that was a bonus. I also got to go to my parents ward Christmas party. This is the second year in a row that I've gone with then without Scott. Scott's old job in SLC called and asked if he could work Saturday so he worked a long day while I played...poor guy. So at the party, I'm not sure that one person came up to me and said hello without looking at my left hand first to make sure that I still had a ring. Kinda funny...and still happily married.

On Sunday we were able to witness our beautiful nephew being blessed by brother. It was so special! And then after, I spent the rest of the day sick as a dog. I got the stomach flu and it was SO bad. There are many great things that we had at the brunch that I won't be eating for a long long time. I can't remember the last time I had the stomach flu but I forgot how miserable it is. And the fear that jumped into my head...morning sickness is not as bad as the flu right? I am not pregnant, I promise (sorry for all the disappointed fans a.k.a. parents) but I have this fear now that when that time does come that I will be as sick as I was yesterday...for many days, or weeks, or months. Am I logical in having this fear? Someone please reassure me that it's not as bad as the flu.

10 comments:

Sandra said...

Man that doesn't sound like fun. I'm glad your feeling better. If it helps at all I usually don't get morning sickness. I get queasy every now and then but as long as I eat a bunch of small meals instead of three big ones I'm good. Hopefully you won't have morning sickness at all.

SD and EJ said...

Sorry to tell you this, but if you're anything like me, it's pretty bad. I threw up multiple times a day until I was 24 weeks. But if it makes you feel any better, I already forgot how bad it was. And you get a super cute little baby at the end.

Billy and Amanda Cole said...

I hate to tell you this but it all depends on how bad you get sick. Not everyone has morning sicknes to the same degree. Some people get just a little sick or not at all, and then there was me. I threw up all the time from 5 weeks to 15 weeks. I really hope you don't have that. Even though I am not done with my pregnancy, it will all be worth it!! And now that I am getting over pregnancy sick I've got a touch of the stomach flu that will not go away!

Jimmy&Michelle said...

I never threw up at all, with any of them, but I did get a little queasy now and then, especially with wierd smells. Hopefully, you have those same genes, and you will be just fine!! I'm sorry you were so sick. We got sick, too. (The other end of the spectrum :D )

Joylybean said...

I'm sorry to hear that you were sick - how miserable! I hope that you are feeling better now. Miss you guys!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Boo! hope you get to feeling better. Being sick is the worst.

Lena Baron said...

YUCK! Uhhh, just tell yourself that it might be bad. Just so you're prepared. And then you'll be thrilled if you don't get sick! I won't tell you my stories:)

Jody said...

All I can say is that anything that you go through with the pregnancy is totally worth it. I was queasy non-stop. My delivery was a nightmare, but I would go through it again 1,000 times just to have Braxton. Being a mom is the greatest thing in the world!!!

Jody said...

BTW--glad you are feeling well again and sorry to hear you had the flu.

Tanya said...

I am a horrible example of morning sickness. With my daughter I threw up about 5 times a day for the first trimester and twice a day for the rest of my pregnancy. With my twins I got so sick I couldn't even hold down water and had to get a pick line put in to keep me hydrated. At least it only lasted until I was about 6 months pregnant, then I stopped throwing up and was just miserably uncomfortable!! But, don't let it scare you away because no matter how miserable the pregnancy is, it is totally 100% worth it in the end!!!