Monday, December 1, 2008

YAY for insurance!

The first 8 months that Scott and I were married we didn't have any insurance. It was awful to say the least. I hurt a tooth a couple days after we got married and just finally got into a dentist today to have it checked out. I thought my tooth was cracked...the diagnosis: I had a bottom and top tooth that were hitting each other at a weird angle which was zinging the nerve everytime I bit down. So the dentist shaved them both down a little and said that that should do the trick. Also, no cavities, which I was surprised about. That's always great to hear! Now we get to have Scott go in next week. So grateful for insurance!

I also made a doctor's appointment. I've been having this weird thing with my shoulder where it will twitch when I lay down. It's so weird and I want to make sure it's nothing serious. I had to go to the doctor several times after we had just gotten married and that's when you realize how much it really costs to see a doctor without insurance. Man! No wonder they are rich! I'm just so grateful that all I have to do is go and pay a small co-pay now.

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Yay for insurance!
Yay for the signal that a company finally owns you! (grin)

Lena Baron said...

That is a blessing!!

Sandra said...

I don't know what we would do without insurance....oh wait ya I do, go bankrupt he he. Hope it's nothing serious with your shoulder.

Dad Westwood said...

Insurance, what a love hate relationship.