Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Winter Cleaning...Not Spring Cleaning.

When Scott and I moved from Dub J, we were working until the day that we moved, therefore a lot of boxes got packed and were labeled "stuff." We have an extra bedroom so we just shoved all the boxes into this room and decided that eventually we would go through them and organize. We found the motivation when some good friends of ours offered us a desk, and we realized we had no place to do it. Poor Scott has had to do his homework all semester on our kitchen table which is round and can only fit 4 people with 4 plates. so he didn't have a lot of room to spread out his stuff. Plus he would have me coming in and out, distracting him, so we are excited to get this desk where he can leave his stuff and not be bothered. This is what the room looked like in the beginning...
And there were also an exercise bike and a chair in the mess. It was hard to walk through.
It took 2 days, many costume changes (which we found along the way), and lots of garbage sacks to get through this mess.
That is my hot husband!

We packed the closet full of labeled boxes. And below is the room almost finished. We will be putting a desk under that window. It's so great, I keep going and looking at it cuz I haven't seen that much space in the room since the day we moved in!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Congrats, it always feels so good to get things like that accomplished. I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas.

Kat Dahl said...

I always feel much better after I clean up a big mess too. Congrats on the new-found space. *Use it wisely!* :)

Jody said...

Wow! I am so impressed! I think everyone has a room like that in their house. Looking at your progress just gave me the motivation to conquer our mess! Thank you! I am sure Brad will be thanking you too... :0)

Glad to hear that your Christmas was nice!

Dad Westwood said...

Wow, what a difference a few days make. It was great to see you!! Good luck this next semester.