Saturday, February 28, 2009

Stuck in a rut

Do you ever feel like your days are clones of one another? That you do the same exact things over and over again each day? I've been feeling this way for a little while, and I've been really frustrated. I work 12:30-9 pm Tuesday-Saturday and it's been really hard to get involved in anything with that schedule. I can't go to book club or enrichment or any night activities to make new friends. It's been really hard but I love my job and I have job security there so I didn't know how to fix this in my life so that I can be more social. I talked to my boss about it a few months ago and she said that she would keep it in mind. Well this week she let me know that I could change my schedule to 6am-2:30pm. Yes it's early, and no I've never had a job/school where I've had to wake up this early but I'm so ready for it. I will have afternoons and evenings off! I'm so excited to get involved and not miss out on all the activities that I haven't been able to get to. I'll have more time to spend with Scott, and more time to focus on my needs. All I need now is a third alarm clock...

5 comments:

Justin Compton Family said...

This is early, but I think you'll like it. I'm not a morning person at all, but I would love to be off by 3 everyday. Hope it works out better for you.

Sandra said...

Woo hoo thats exciting. I think once you start waking up your body will get used to it. LOL on the third alarm clock.

Lena Baron said...

Fabulous! I'm so happy for you! You'll Love it!

Kat Dahl said...

I had a job once where I had to be there at 6:45...ok, so that's not as early as 6:00, but being done by 3:00pm is awesome. There are so many days where I wish that I could 1-2 hours earlier just so that I can leave earlier too. You'll find that this is a much better situation...even if you do have to go to bead by 9:00pm. I'm excited for you.

Joylybean said...

That is so cool for you! I totally hear what you are saying... the same thing day in and day out, at least during the work hours. I have to say that I don't envy your hours though - I can't seem to get to work before 9:00!!