Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Post 101 featuring Las Vegas

Okay so the last post was 100 but I didn't feel that it was appropriate to celebrate that then. So we will celebrate post 101 with Las Vegas. It was so fun to get away for a while and just spend some quality time with Scott. He's quite the stud. We began our vacation with the Hoover Dam. I really wanted to go there, so we drove there and it was way cool! And super hot!


They have a bathroom on the dam. I used it. They are making a new road to the dam from Boulder City. It runs alongside the current one but is straighter and less windy against a mountain. The road will continue over the dam on this monstrous bridge. It's massive! My dad would hate it. He's not a fan of bridges.


The next night we went and explored part of the strip. We saw the lions at MGM Grand. They were super cute and playful. I saw a pirate and got my picture taken and he said to me "I work on tips love." How awkward is that?! I was nice enough to tip him.
This is inside the Venetian hotel. I love it!! It's so cool.
We saw the Blue Man Group while we were there. We got tickets in the "splash zone" so we had to wear ponchos. It was pretty cool. They played drums that splash paint everywhere and rock out and interact with the audience. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. It was a fun show!
This is the Blue Man that shoved a camera down Scott's throat. It pays to sit so close. You get to be interactive with the performers.The highlight for the whole trip for me was going on a gondola ride in the Venetian. That's all I wanted to do while we were there and it was so fabulous!
This is just a random picture of Scott on the strip. He looks super cool.
This was a yummy highlight. There is a restaurant called "Serendipity 3" in front of Ceasar's Palace and it has the same menu as "Serendipity" in NYC. They had a to-go window so I had to have a frozen hot chocolate. It's not often I will pay $8.75 for a 16 oz. drink and it was almost as good as the one in NYC. Ah...yum! So all in all, it was a fabulous trip, but way to short. I wish we had more time to play.

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Looks like a great time! The pirate really looks like J. Depp from the movie...crazy. I'm glad you guys had fun. Oh and I totally want to drive over that bridge when it's done....wow!

Dawson Family said...

Looks so fun! I would love some just me and my husband time but with kids it is difficult! I want to do the gandola thing too, looks fun. That is so awkward when people hint at tips, but he has to make a living too huh? Glad you had fun!

Kat Dahl said...

Looks like you had a blast! I didn't think you could get a frozen hot chocolate! Isn't that an oxymoron?

Steph said...

Yes, a delicious oxymoron!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

How fun that you guys were in the splash zone and had to wear ponchos! Looks like you guys had such a great time--we drove through about 2 and a half years ago and that bridge at Hoover was pretty much non-existant!

Anonymous said...

I am so green with envy!! (= You went to blue man group! That is so extreamly awesome! I am glad you two had fun!!

The Nielsen's said...

We felt the same way when we were in Vegas in January!! We're dying to go back! I wish I'd known about Sernedipity 3!! I love the NYC store!Tell Scott hi for us. LOVES!