Monday, May 4, 2009

1 whole year!


So we have officially lived in Price for a full year. I must say that I like it a lot more than I did when we first moved here. There are still a lot of things that I don't like about it, but it is growing on me. Here are some of the things that I like about Price...

  • Everything in town is within 10 miles of each other.
  • I only have to drive 3 miles to work and I don't have to take the freeway.
  • We have an Albertson's, Smith's, and Wal-Mart.
  • People remember you when you go to the store.
  • It's such a small town that when Scott was in his first play here this season, we had to take him to the ER because he had the flu and the doctor talked to the pharmacist and told him that Scott was in the play at the college. The pharmacist was very concerned about getting him better before the performance.
  • People smile at you as you are walking through the store.
  • Everyone is moving in slow motion, no one seems to be in a rush.
  • When there are no clouds, the sky is always blue. There is never smog.
  • It's only 2 hours to Moab and all the great National Parks around there.
  • There isn't congestion like in the city. The streets are usually pretty empty.
  • They have this cute Main Street with lots of shops, and the Greek Orthodox Church has a cool bell that rings on the hour.
So, we are probably in for a few more years here, so hopefully it will grow on me some more. There are a lot of things that I still need to get used to.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow it doesn't seem like it's been a year. We like Price too, Kevin wishes he could be there. At one point he talked about getting his Phd to go and teach at CEU. Good luck with the next year!

Dawson Family said...

Sounds like rexburg. Nice, small college town. I love it when the students leave for break! Sounds awful I know but I do. We also have a Walmart, not a Super one just a little Walmart and Albs's. No Smiths though but we have a Broulims which is like Maceys. Anyway it took me like 1 1/2 to finally start to like it and I like it more and more everyday.

Laurel said...

You have grown up SO much!
love you!
miss you.

Jody said...

It is amazing that it has already been a year! I am sure that it is taking some getting use to, but your list of likes sound so appealing to me! I would love to see the blue sky. And not traffic sound fabulous...I hate getting stuck in traffic! The best one of all would be to not feel rushed. I wish that we would all take the time to just enjoy life a little more! Thanks for the reminder to do just that! Love you, Steph!