Friday, May 29, 2009

Sometimes you just need happy hour!

Another great thing about Price is that we have a Sonic. I love that from 2-4 p.m. M-F Sonic has happy hour when drinks are half price. I have to say my favorite drink there is the Diet Strawberry Limeade. My body has weird reactions to sugar so I have to go with the diet drinks and with the strawberries and limes in the drink it takes that edge off the diet taste.

Another bonus to Sonic... they have the best ice ever! I broke down today and went and bought a bag. It's 10 lbs for $1.60, you really can't beat that! As a lot of you know, I have this addiction to chewing ice, especially when I worked at Su Casa where it was easily accessable, and then when we moved away, that temptation and craving went away. It has now come back. It usually does when I'm trying to lose weight because it's something I can snack on guilt free. When I was a teenager, we would always have ice water with dinner and I would always chew the ice while we were just sitting there talking after and my dad made up a rule that I was only allowed to chew ice around the house on holidays and my birthday. Hehehe. It's so funny to me now. But of course my cousin Laurel never got in trouble with that when she lived with us and did that. We made quite the pair at the dinner table. Does anyone else have any weird addictions or cravings like that?

4 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Haha! Did you know that I used to work at Sonic during my summer vacations from college? Actually, me, Brooke AND Kim did! People came in for ice all the time. We didn't have happy hour at our Sonic, though.

Sandra said...

I've never had a drink from sonic. I'd say food is a craving for me period. It doesn't matter what food....although french fries, ice cream and chocolate are at the top of the list. I actually like to snack on Animal crackers. I don't think they have much fat. I should take up ice chewing, get rid of this baby fat :)

Laurel said...

i love that we share that "habit". and i love that someone told me people who chew ice are either iron deficient or hormonal (and, yes, those can be the same).

i miss you.

Michelle said...

I love Sonic. I like the Cherry Limeaids though. Also, have you tried their frito chili cheese wrap? AHHHH! It will change your life!