Sunday, June 14, 2009

Road Rage

This has gotten worse since I've moved to a small town. Each time I come up to SLC I am reminded of how annoying drivers are here. I think that people need to retake driver's ed every 5 years. For instance, the left lane is called a "passing lane", it is not just an extra lane for traffic to hang out in. You use it to pass people and then you get over. If there is someone behind you going faster and wanting to pass you, it is now a law that you HAVE to move over for them, even if they are going 100 MPH, you are breaking the law by not moving over to let them pass. I'm not saying that Price drivers are better because they are still typical Utah drivers, but we don't have the traffic to make it obvious. I've driven in quite a few states in this country and Utah by far is the worst. (Now I don't know how any of my Utahn blogger friends are good or bad drivers so I'm not making a shot at any of you, just venting.)

So the 2 things that got me out of my frustrated mood?
and

4 comments:

Jody said...

I agree completely! I hate driving in traffic!! Glad to see that you had yummy food and a sweet furry pal to cheer you up. It really is amazing how aggravated I become when driving. If it weren't for my little man telling funny stories with me and singing in the backseat, I don't know what I would do sometimes!

Sandra said...

Just today as we were coming home from the kids baseball games this guy was tailing me and honked. I had a guy in front of me what was I suppose to do crash so he could go just a little big faster. Venting feels good so free yourself he he. I'm glad you got your burrito and Cosmo for the weekend.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I just read today that DFW has the second worst road rage in the US. I thought--YUP! That's me! I drive 25 miles to work and it takes me an hour. I yell a lot. And sometimes say bad things. :) Just thinking about it makes me a little tense!

Michelle said...

I am so glad I don't have to deal with those Utah drivers any more. I don't think Denver is too bad with crazy drivers. That burrito looks so yummy. Cafe Rio?