Monday, June 1, 2009

San Rafael Swell

I have to say that I love summertime. Scott and I get to do a lot of fun things together around Price. We try to think of fun/inexpensive places to go and visit. A friend of mine had told me about a place called San Rafael Swell. It is about an hour drive from Price and some call it a "Little Grand Canyon." It was amazing! There weren't many people there and it was just so quiet and peaceful. The pictures really don't do it justice, it was so beautiful. We hiked down a little bit to get some better pictures. We did it very quickly as their were 2 storms headed at us in 2 directions. You could hear the thunder and see the lighting. Luckily we got back up to the car before it started to rain. Here are some pictures for your enjoyment!



3 comments:

Sandra said...

Pretty pictures. That is the great thing about Price, those places are close. Have you gone up to look at the Indian petroglyphs up nine mile? I don't think its far. I like the one with you in the truck with the view in the back. Very Pretty. Oh I just have to mention this since your last post was about Sonic. You may already know but Sonic is giving out free rootbear floats on Wednesday from 8-12. Kevin told me about it yesterday and I checked out their website to make sure it's all sonics. It looks like it.

Sandra said...

Ha Ha rootbeer not rootbear. Once again I need to check my comments before posting them.

CHRISCOREY said...

If you ever go back, you need to find a place called black dragon canyon. I believe that is the place the other commenter was referring to.
It is truly amazing but sad to see the graffiti nearby. here are the directions: http://www.utah.com/hike/black_dragon.htm