Thursday, July 31, 2008

You've Had A Birthday Shout Hurray!

Here's to the second best birthday I've ever had! I'm not sure that anything can top my last birthday, getting engaged was pretty awesome for a birthday. And two years ago, Scott gave me a New Kids on the Block CD, a John Wayne movie collection and a "date I would never forget". Scott is really good at the birthday thing. He's always made me feel special.

My birthday started out with Scott keeping me awake until midnight on Tuesday night so that he could give me his present. He bought me this plant, a Braided Money Tree. It's supposed to bring me a lifetime of good fortune which is great since we're working on our "Total Money Makeover". Luckily this tree is pretty hard to kill so hopefully I won't kill it like my flowers. It's so fun to have some color in the house, and he went around to all the flower shops in town to try and find it. They had to special order it in. It made me feel pretty special.
Unfortunately I had to work that day so Scott brought dinner at work. We got to eat Arby's. We don't eat out in Price, ever, so this was a big treat for us, but it makes us appreciate fast food a whole lot more. We had a nice picnic.

When I got home that night Scott had another treat for me. It was an awesome ice cream cake from Cold Stone. He had remembered last March when it was Amber's birthday, that I told him that we always bought ice cream cakes for each other on our birthdays. So he knew that this birthday wasn't going to be quite the same, but he made it so great. By the way, it's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream cake, my favorite!


I really have the best husband ever. He is so good to me and I count myself the luckiest person alive to have him. Way to go honey!

7 comments:

SD and EJ said...

What a nice husband! Unfortunately, my husband is usually not so good at the present thing, but I still love him tons. Happy birthday!!

Sandra said...

Looks like you had a great birthday! I would have to agree that nothing would beat a birthday when you get engaged to the man you love though. I'm glad it was a good one, I hope you got my Happy Birthday on your other post but heres another HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ya. Are you guys going to FHE? Have you seen Karin and Mike since they have been in town?

Laurel said...

You DO have the best hubby ever. Sorry I wasn't around to celebrate (or, um, even to call). BUT HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Steph! I adore you.

Christi said...

Happy Birthday Steph!

Billy and Amanda Cole said...

Hi Steph and Scott! I found your blog through Kerri and Cody's.
It look like you had an amazing birthday. I think birthday's are supposed to be fun (we are still working on that one :) ).
It is good to see that things are going well for you two.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! (:

Sherri and Doug said...

That is so cute. I'm glad you had a great birthday. Happy Birthday! It was so good to see you guys at family home evening.