Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We Are Family...

This weekend, we got to go up to Salt Lake and visit some family. My aunt Larrie (Yes, she is a woman, and she's very cute and feminine) and my uncle Brent were in town from St. Louis. Scott had never met my Uncle Brent and since he is one of the best people I know, I really wanted him to meet him while he was in town. When we got married in October my Aunt Larrie let my whole family stay at her house and she was the best hostess. My Uncle Brent ended up in the hospital and was really ill at the time but they still made sure that everything was perfect for our family and for our luncheon which they let us use their house for. They were so great in helping us set up with everything and let us bombard them. Scott and I never got to the hospital to see him while we were there and I wanted him to get to meet one of my favorite uncles. So we got to go to dinner with the whole family on Saturday, including my cousin David that lives in Virginia. It was so fun to see all of them and get to visit.

We also got to see Joey (my brother) and Rhonda's newly finished basement. They have been working on it ever since they found out they were pregnant, and with the baby coming in the next couple weeks, Joey is pretty relieved to have it done and is enjoying the fruits of his labors. We played Rock Band in his basement on his new TV. Here is a little peak at what went on. This is the boy band with my brother-in-law Jimmy on the guitar, Joey on the drums and my rocker husband Scott singing his heart out. It was pretty fun, and really loud.



On Sunday we got to see my nephew Brett who lives in Connecticut. Scott had never met him and I haven't seen him in 2 years when he was a good foot shorter than me, now he's a lot taller than me and sounds like a man. It was so good to see him and get to spend some time with him. He's so grown up! Here's a picture of 8 of the grandkids, all grown up, and in the next couple weeks we'll be able to add one more to that.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

That was funny, I have no idea what he was singing but it scared me! He he.

David said...

Next time I'm in Utah...I'm devoting an entire day just with your family!!! You guys are TOO fun! :)

destiny808 said...

That is so awesome Steph... It looked like they were having a great time... I wish I was in Utah so I could've seen ya too...I hope all is well.... I miss ya... Tell Scott I say hi...
Ambs

Kenzie said...

Awwww.
I love that picture!!!
I'm so glad we could all get together. I love it when the whole family gets together.
:D
I love you Steph!! Never ever forget that, got it?!
:D
Tell Scott I love him too!