Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Some other happenings of this past weekend...

I knew there were things that I forgot about from this past week in that last post...
Scott shaved! And he looks so weird to me still. It's been over 4 months but he looks great. So at Danika's baptism we made a bet as to how many people would comment on how much he and his brother Kevin looked alike. He said 25, I said 15. 3 or 4 adults said it and we're not sure how many times to count Kevin's little boy Jacob calling Scott dad, because it was many times. Even when Scott would point out Kevin being his dad, he would still look up at Scott and call him dad. I think I won that bet, it was less than 15.

My wonderful FIL fixed the doors in our apartment. Our bedroom door won't stay open unless something is propped in front of it, so he fixed the hinges. And our bathroom door would stick and not close tight so he shaved off the top and it closes beautifully! It took a whole total of 20 minutes. It was so great to have the in-laws around!

I also busted a pair of jeans. I knew that they were wearing out and they were getting holes around the back pockets, and when Scott and I went to the store on Saturday night, I squatted to look at something and I heard this big rip. So I had to endure a drive back to Price with a hole in the rear of my pants. It sucked.

Last but not least, we filled up with gas in Springville when coming home, and we had started the trip gauge when we left Price and we had gone up to SLC and Logan and back and we got 43 MPG! I don't even have a hybrid! It cost us $15 to drive all that way. I was so impressed, I love my Honda!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Ha ha funny that you mention that they look alike. I mentioned about that in my last post...does that count? Sorry about your pants. Atleast you didn't have to go anywhere else eh? Thats great that he fixed your door.

Karin Shannon said...

I am sorry about the pants. I have a favorite pair of jeans I just wore out. I hate having to loosen up a new pair of jeans to fit right. That's great about your car..

Kat Dahl said...

Hey, I can totally understand you forgetting to mention a few things...especially since you were so excited about having Cosmo home for a little while. I'd forget about everything else too! :)

Lena Baron said...

I Love Bruce and Chris!!! Some day I really hope to live near them!!

Ev said...

Great blog site!! Now your husband WAS in the single's ward wasn't he. I remember him now. Such a great guy! Thanks for sharing your site! I'll have to read more when I get more time! You look sooo happy! It's great! Luv ya