Tuesday, March 31, 2009

1 week!

I'm very excited for next week! Scott's play is starting on Thursday and will close next Tuesday. I know he's been looking forward to this forever...and I'm SO excited to see it. But the underlying truth is that ever since I started this new schedule (ya know, the one where I get to work at 6 and get out at 2:30, that is so fabulous) I hardly see Scott. He leaves a few hours after I go to work and gets home after I'm in bed. So I kiss him goodbye when he's asleep in the morning and he kisses me goodnight when he gets in. Last week I didn't get to see him for 4 days, and I know to some that's not that long, but this new schedule was supposed to help with the time that we are available to be with each other. So as much as I'm excited to see this play and watch Scott do what he loves, I'm so excited to have him back home with him in a week....oh crap, I didn't even think about the homework that will have to be caught up on...I'll see you in May honey! ;)

P.S. I need to find a hobby, getting out of work at 2:30 provides a LOT of time in the afternoon and evening. Right now my hobby is napping and that's not very productive in my personal growth. Any ideas are welcome!

8 comments:

SD and EJ said...

I totally understand! I see my husband two hours a day if I'm lucky. It's hard. I'm glad it's not going to last much longer for you. You should get into something like quilting or knitting. It makes you feel like an old lady, but it's so much fun!

Sandra said...

I hope you see him soon :) I sometimes feel like I don't see Kevin much with all his meetings and church duties. Last week he had something everyday, even Saturday! As for hobbies... maybe learn something like knitting or learn to play a new instrument. I know it's tough to get motivation, atleast it is for me. Good luck. Oh I just noticed the other comment mentioned knitting too, ha thats funny.

Anonymous said...

That is hard. Ever since Casey left I have been addicted to scrap booking. I ran out of stuff to scrap book so I started to premake pages! haha.

Justin Compton Family said...

Get a baby, I have no time for hobbies... :)

Michelle said...

Try reading! I love it! Or sewing is kinda fun too...

Kat Dahl said...

Didn't you mention a few posts back that you were going to start your personal history? Well, work on journaling and then you can move into family history if you get so inspired. However, I would fully recommend sewing or quilting. When Mark was is China, I made my first quilt, and now we sleep with it on our bed. (It's totally flawed and imperfect, but I'm still proud of it!)

The Nielsen's said...

I understand the dilemma. Justin is in the last three weeks of the worst year of his degree. This semester, we kiss eachother goodbye on Sunday night, and hello on either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. It will be so nice when summer gets here!

My latest hobby has been quilting. It's fun and relaxing!

The Nielsen's said...

YEAH! Steph you and Scott got it right! I see what you mean about the math. I would have likely done it wrong at first had I not seen some of Justin's caculations. We'll miss you this weekend! LOVES!