Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Days of loneliness

Scott and I were able to go to West Jordan on Sunday. We couldn't leave until after church because we had to speak (this was the 4th time in a year for me, speaking in Sacrament meeting, it's not my favorite thing). We went to up because Scott is working in Salt Lake all week for Webb Audio Visual which is where he worked before we moved. This is a HUGE blessing in our life. The Lord really is looking out for us and he continues to surprise me with his blessings. Unfortunately and fortunately, I had to start my new job today so I had to drive back to Price this morning. This was not the easiest thing to do. I'm having a hard enough time adjusting to a place where I don't know anyone except the people in my ward. But it was really hard coming home and knowing that I would be here all alone for 4 days. Luckily I only have to work until 3:30 on Friday so after that I plan to head back to WJ for the weekend to pick up Scott. It was so great to be home this weekend and spend some time with my dog...and my family of course! He followed me everywhere the whole time I was there, it was so cute. But, I made it home to Price (to find my new flowers to be dying and still not knowing how to save them), and I had my first day at work which turned out to be ok considering the circumstances. But the apartment is so quiet and I really hate have Scott so far away. Call me sappy, but it STINKS! But on a better note, I'm getting more excited for my new nephew to come in September! It's so fun to see Rhonda grow and know that the baby will be here so soon. And I was so excited to find out that my sister-in-law Sandra is prego as well. I couldn't be more excited to have a baby coming on each side of the family!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Your not sappy! I cryed the first time I had to be away from Kevin after we were married. He was working for a troubled boys club thing and they went camping. I remember balling myself to sleep. When he goes on camps with the scouts I still find it hard to sleep. Good luck with the next few days!

Laurel said...

hang in there, missy...and just enjoy the quiet and stillness. Life doesn't offer enough of that too often.

destiny808 said...

YOu are so funny... I like the Lukes spin on my name again... LOL It was so good to see you and I wish I could see you one more time before I leave but I know it is hard... I am so glad your 1st day at your job was decent... I hope it all works out for you....
Love ya Amber