Thursday, June 19, 2008

The need to be green

Now that we are in Price, we are getting used to some different things around here. One of the weird things that we really miss is being able to recycle. We were able to recycle so much of our garbage in West Jordan, and I'll bet that 1/2 of our garbage went into the recycle bin. But here, we don't have that opportunity and we take out our garbage so much more often than we used to. But to be honest, that's really the only way that we are green.

On to another subject, the price of gas makes me so sick. I fill up my tank when it's half full and it costs me $30, and I almost hyperventilate every time I fill up. I still get 35-37 mpg but the thought of gas lately makes me sick.

But on to some good things...I actually really like my job so far. I can't afford to not look for something else, but it would be fun to keep as a part-time job. It's so good to get out of the house and do something, and make new friends (and make money). Not to mention I'm not sitting at home thinking about how much I miss home. There are a lot of girls my age that are married, and it's fun to get to know some new people. When I interviewed the manager also told me that I would have to work one weekend day a week and I picked Saturdays, and on my first day, they told me that my schedule would be Monday thru Friday, so I feel pretty lucky right now. It's turning out to be better than I thought.

The best thing of the day is that as of today, Scott and I have been married for 8 months. I can't believe it's been that long! Everyday I'm reminded of what an amazing man I have as my companion. I really feel lucky for what I have.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I know what you mean about recycling. I don't know what I would do without our nice blue can now that we have it. I'm glad your having a good time there! We need to plan a visit. Kevin took Andrew to the Dinosour museum and he talks about going there again.