Saturday, June 21, 2008

Simply Sushi

I came back to West Jordan this weekend to pick Scott up and while I was here we decided that since he had worked so hard all week, we would treat ourselves to dinner. Scott had his heart set on sushi and had bragging to his co-workers all day that that was what he was having for dinner. He told me that he didn't want to be a liar and so he said that he would like it if that's what we did. I have to admit, that's what I wanted for dinner. When I was here last weekend, I went with my mom to Smith's in WJ and they have added a new strip mall next to the grocery store. I noticed that they put in a place called Simply Sushi: All you can eat sushi. So I told Scott about it, and we decided we wanted to try it. We've tried many places around the valley and have had some great sushi. When we went to this place, we walked in and the people running it looked Polynesian. Scott mumbled "Just what I was afraid of." You see, most of the time the really good sushi is made by Asian people. It's not that we have anything against Polynesians, we really love them, we were just worried about the quality of the sushi. The only place to sit was at the sushi bar, so we sat next to a cute little family. We decided to go with the all you can eat, which gives you an hour to eat all that you can. We ordered some sushi and it was heaven! We were so impressed with the sushi and with the service. I don't think I've ever eaten at a place with such friendly service. We were so pleasantly surprised! We left full and knowing that it was a good thing that we moved to Price, we would be regulars in that place. So if you like sushi (which we understand that most don't) we fully recommend this place. It was a great experience.

On to the next topic, all of you know how much I love my dog. He has been my comfort through some pretty rough times and we have a special bond. So, today while Scott was at work, my mom and I decided to go to Joey and Rhonda's house to take them a pie and see how Joey was doing after his little procedure. We decided to take Cosmo with us, which we do a lot of times. He's a good dog that has been housetrained and is getting better with the obedience. So we get there and Joey and Rhonda's puppy Minnie got all excited and was jumping on me and my mom. Meanwhile, Cosmo is scoping out the place and sniffing around. This is not uncommon for him to sniff a place out, but that's all he usually ever does. So I'm standing there on their carpet and all of a sudden I feel something wet on my foot. I look down and Cosmo, the dumb dog, is peeing my foot. Ok, not just on my foot, but on one of my favorite pair of sandals that has a leather sole. It's times like these when I wish that dogs could talk because I would love to know what he was thinking at that moment. Needless to say, he got in big trouble and followed me around the rest time with his ears back and he wanted me to hold him. He knew he was in deep trouble! So I'm racking my brain trying to figure out why he would do that. Was he trying to pee on the carpet and I moved my foot there right before and it happened to be in his aim? As I was driving home I was talking to my mom about it and I think that I figured it out. Cosmo is very possesive of me now that I don't see him all the time and he follows me around and wants my attention a lot. I think that since I was giving Minnie attention he wanted to mark his territory. And unfortunately for me, I am his territory, or so he thinks. So if you think of it that way it's kinda cute, but not cute enough to not get punished. He ruined my shoe.

2 comments:

Kenzie said...

Ha... I remember Scott trying to convince me to try sushi... still never have. Maybe I should... who am I kidding?! I'm a chicken when it comes to trying new foods!! :)

Cosmo peed on your foot?!?! And ruined your shoe?! I'm sorry... but that is kinda cute haha. :) Good thing his brother hasn't chosen to pee on my foot...

Love you!

Sandra said...

We have never been big into sushi. Thats funny that Cosmo peed on your foot! Sorry about the sandals.