Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The family name is secured for another generation

At 1:19 a.m. this morning I received the phone call that I've been waiting for for a month. Jonah Clinton (NOT after the former president) Marks has made his debut into this world. He was born September 8th around 11:15 p.m. (45 minutes shy of his oldest sister's birthday) weighing in at 7 lbs. 5 oz., 19 inches long, with inch long curly light hair. And their family is finally complete.

My grandparents have 34 grandchildren, only 3 of which are males that have the last name Marks (the Marks family makes girls). And Jonah is the first male of his generation to carry the name Marks.

It's been 7 years since the last baby on my side of the family and so it will be so fun to have a baby, especially a boy, in our family. The last boy in the Marks family was Nick who is 12. So, I'm just glad that Jonah is here safe and that everything went well in the delivery. I have to wait until next Monday to see him (when I go for my business trip, hehehe, I feel so grown up saying that) so this week will be really long! My parents are going to meet him today and will take pictures. I will post those later.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow thats exciting! Tell them congrats from us. We were shocked that there were only three boys with 34 grandchildren WOW!!!

Laurel said...

i can testify he is yummy.
i kissed his forehead for you!

Kenzie said...

I get to meet Jonah soon too!! I've had a cold lately, so I haven't gotten to meet the cutie yet... but AliJo sent me a picture!!
He's one handsome little boy :)

LOVE YOU

Lena Baron said...

Congratulations!! That's great.:)