Wednesday, September 3, 2008

We have great news!

Okay, I can see what's running through your minds already...no we are not pregnant. I've been with my job for 2 and 1/2 months now and I got the job thinking that it would be temporary until I found something that I could use my degree for. About a month ago, there was a position open that I applied for at my work that would put me a step up. It was a $.40 raise (which isn't much but every little bit counts at this point). Unfortunately I wasn't offered that position and I was so frustrated that I wasn't moving up anywhere. So a few weeks ago they let us know that they were hiring for a 2 Team Lead Supervisor positions. Our company is growing fast and they are constantly hiring new people and they are needing a lot more management to handle it. So yesterday I had an interview with my boss and today I had to do a phone interview with corporate in SLC. And then this afternoon they offered me the job! So this position has a 30% raise, which is such a relief to us! They let me know that my education played a huge factor. It feels nice to be getting into a position that is not entry level. This is the first promotion that I've ever had and it's a great feeling. My boss told me that from the moment she first met me that she knew I would be going places in the company, so that's always encouraging to hear. I get to spend 4 days in Salt Lake City training, so it will be nice to get to be home for a little bit. Unfortunetly my schedule will be changing to Tuesday thru Saturday. In the business we are in, it's a 24/7/365 job and so all Team Lead Supervisors have to work 1 weekend day. I'm just glad that I'll have Sundays off. But I only get to go to one more football game this season, so that's kind of a bummer. We just feel really blessed that everything is falling into place.

P.S. I'll be in charge of 10-15 people on my team and we have to come up with a team name. Anyone got anything witty or fun? I'm open to suggestions...

9 comments:

Christi said...

Steph that's awesome! Congratulations!

Sandra said...

Congrats! that is exciting.

Lena Baron said...

Congratulations Steph! We look forward to following your story and hope to meet you soon!! Hi Scott! Miss ya, Hope all is well!!

Laurel said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Kerri and Cody said...

Congratulations! That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the big promotion! That is great! (:

Jody said...

Yeah, Steph!!! I am so glad to hear that things are going well for the two of you! You are a darling couple and your blog is so cute!! Thank you so much for leaving me a message on my blog. Yeah for blogging buddies...this gives me a chance to stay caught up with friends...I miss you tons and I am just so glad all is well. I will check back often!

BTW...your sister is so sweet...I feel like I really struggle and that I am totally under qualified for the calling!!!

Carrie said...

Hi Scott and Steph!
Been checking out your blog. Steph, I'm so glad you got the new TLS position! See you at work!

You guys rock!

destiny808 said...

Steph I got the chills reading this post I am SO, SO, SO, HAPPY for you... I find myself crying right now because I am so glad that things are going in the right direction for you... YOU GUYS DESERVE IT... I miss you guys like crazy and think about you all the time... I love you!!!
AMBS