Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Victory Victory Victory


Last Saturday was my one of my favorite days of the year...opening game day for BYU football. It was so fun to go there and be in the crowd, enjoying the atmosphere. Unfortunately for me, it was 97 degrees outside and about half way through the 1st quarter I thought I was going to pass out because I was so hot. So for a quarter and a half I watched the game from under the stands on the big TV on the south side of the stands. The rest of the game was a blast and there's nothing like the rush of a touchdown. The final score was 41-17, but BYU definitely has some things to work on. Let's hope that they do better this week and not turn over the ball so much. And just as a side note, if you ever go to a BYU home game, you have to have a cougar tail. Scott had been looking forward to this treat for a long time. It's a donut over a foot long and about 3 inches wide and an inch tall that has maple frosting on it. They are divine! Scott went down at half time to buy us one and they were all out under our stands, so he went all around the stadium looking for one and finally found one on the opposite side from us. What a great husband! And it was so tasty! We'll be getting another one next time for sure.

After we were done at the game we drove to Fairview to Scott's grandparents cabin. It was so nice down there. It rained a lot and it was so great to be in nature and visit with family. We had some yummy roasted hot dogs and s'mores.
Scott was able to do a lot of homework, and he enjoyed doing it somewhere besides home. Besides the bugs, it was great!













On to other things, tonight Scott cooked dinner and we made stir fry. We just kind of winged it and it was so good! It was a really cheap dinner and tasted great. We are loving that combination! I took some pictures to make you all jealous. This was the first time Scott mentioned something being "blog worthy" and I totally agreed. We used frozen vegtables except the zuchini which Scott's Aunt Li Ling and Uncle Rob contributed to us. It was good stuff!

2 comments:

SD and EJ said...

The cougar tail's are EJ's favorite thing about BYU football! I have to agree, they are definitely delish! I'm totally with you on it being hot. I drank a lot of water and I went to the bathroom three times during the 1st quarter. The five huge men sitting next to us did not like me very much by the end of the game. I couldn't get past them with my huge stomach, so they all had to move every time. I thought it was funny. And I love when random dinners turn out really good. The pictures make me hungry.

Sandra said...

Sounds yummy. I never buy bagged stir fry because a lot of them have pea pods which Kevin is allergic to. Kevin and I want to take a weekend and go to the cabin...it's finding a weekend when we can thats the difficult part. What classes is Scott taking?