Thursday, October 16, 2008

All by myself

Well, here I am. In Price. By myself. And Scott is across the country in Connecticut working a convention. We knew he would have the opportunity to make this trip about 6 months ago. And we knew then that it was over the weekend of our first anniversary. Yes, we made the very grownup decision to be apart on our first anniversary for the sake of progressing. We were presented with a blessing that was much needed and we made the decision that we can't pick and choose our blessings. Especially when that blessing will pay our short-term loan for this semester. We had no idea how we would be paying it. Even with my raise, there was no way we would have enough, and then Scott got the email asking him to work this week for sure. We are richly blessed and we have had to make sacrifices and have faith in order to receive them. And I had my breakdown, and I cried A LOT when we decided and I've cried A LOT in the last 24 hours, and I'm sure it won't be the last time I cry this week, but it was the right thing to do and I don't regret the decision. And I made the decision that any other adult woman would if she can't be with her husband on her first anniversary... I'm going home for the weekend. I need some mom time. And some Cosmo time. And I'll be darned if I'm stuck here in Price by myself on Sunday.
And just so you know, Scott told me he wouldn't go if I didn't want him to. And at first I was tempted to tell him not to, and I know he would have stayed without a word. But on the brighter note Scott is taking me for to dinner, yummy sushi, on Monday when he gets back. And year old frozen wedding cake from our wedding for dessert! Yum!
So girls, any advice on what I can do to keep my mind busy while he is gone...that is without a mall, a decent theater, or Walmart (we have one, I'm just tired of walking around there, how sad that that's entertaining for me).

5 comments:

Christi said...

I'd give Wal-Mart another shot. When I was in college there we used to go and look at the fish. Lame, I know. But suprisingly entertaining!

Dawson Family said...

One year already? Wow that went by fast! Well I always like to totally relax with a bubble bath and candles followed by ice cream or something yummy and a total chick flick! Good luck! Have fun back home! I saw a job here that looked like Scott all the way, good pay too but I didn't think you'd want to move to Rexburg. Than again if he worked for the college he'd get free school. But I think the job closed alreaady. Amy

Sandra said...

Well First of all Happy Anniversary. That first year went by fast. I don't know if it makes you feel better but I don't even remember our first anniversary. Then a couple of years ago I scheduled Enrichment and Kevin went to a Jazz game with a friend so we both forgot. In my opinion you can celebrate your anniversary any day... it doesn't have to be on the exact day. So if ours comes up during the week, sure we say Happy Anniversary and maybe exchange a gift but we usually go out that weekend. I have a friend who actually spends that day with their family. They call it their Families are Forever Day. I hope that surrounding yourself with family especially Cosmo he he will help. I would have chosen to do the same thing as well....you can always celebrate another day (like you said Monday you will be doing stuff) But this opportunity would have come and gone.

SD and EJ said...

That's so sad; I'm sorry!! But seriously it doesn't matter if you celebrate on the exact day as long as you do celebrate because one year is huge! Congrats!

Justin Compton Family said...

Justin and I didn't go more than 24 hours without seeing eachother from our first date to 3 months after we got married. I had a 2 day market meeting in Oklahoma City for work. Justin called me and said he didn't know what to do. I told him to watch a scary movie with his buddies cause I hate scary movies and I was gone. I think he did hang out with the guys, but we were on the phone the whole time. I agree with the fact that celebration doesn't have to be on your anniversary. We have already gotten casual with our celebrations. Partly out of poverty :) partly cause my birthday is 10 days before so I kinda have to pick one...Anyways, I think family time is a great idea. I like to watch teenie bopper chick flicks when Justin is working late and I'm home alone. He likes this also, cause he doesn't have to watch them with me. :)