Sunday, October 19, 2008

Best year of my life!



I can't believe that we've hit the one year mark! When we were dating and engaged the time seemed to go by so slow and here we are a year after we knelt at an alter and made sacred covenants to each other and our Heavenly Father. I know that there might be more than one person in the world that you can make a life with, but I know that Scott and I were meant to be together. We both had experiences before we met where I almost changed wards but didn't because of a feeling that I needed to stay where I was. And he was debating whether to move to West Jordan for the summer or to stay in Price and decided to move. After we were married I told him about how I had gone on a temple trip with my cousin Laurel in the beginning of May 2006 and in each temple I prayed for the experience to meet someone great and to get married (which was nothing new to my prayers). It was in the beginning of May 2006 that Scott felt impressed to move to West Jordan for the summer. Everything fell into place. We had our ups and downs and a breakup, of which my mom and Laurel knew wouldn't last long, but turned out to be good for the both of us and our relationship. And in the end we were able to be sealed together forever. There is a lot that you learn in the first year of marriage about each other. And it's amazing how much love can grow. I feel so lucky to have Scott, I've never known anyone like him and I knew it was right, there was no hesitancy in my decision to marry him whatsoever. He is an amazing person with an amazing heart and I'm so excited to see what's next in life for us. Scott, you're my favorite person in this world, you're my everything, my best friend, and thank you for giving me a year of growing experiences, teaching me so much about life and love, constantly trying to make my life better and happier and always giving me unconditional love.

11 comments:

Kenzie said...

Awwww!! :)
Happy Anniversary!!
I love Scott, he's perfect for you! And he's SOOOO lucky he has you!! :)
I love you both!! :) Happy Anniversary!!

SAD.... a year ago right now, I would have been in Missouri!! I miss it oh so much.

Lena Baron said...

Congratulations! You are BOTH wonderful! I can tell that without having met you. Plus, his parents told me:)

Can't wait to meet you! Bless you both:)

Woody said...

So, I think that all will agree that I pretty much have the most amazing wife ever! Happy Anniversary babe! I'm in the airport waiting for my flight, and can hardly sit still thinking that I will see you today. The past year has been absolutely amazing, one that dreams are made of. 1 down, 18,354,694,298,987,498,618 more to look forward to. (give or take a gazillion or so) I love you more than anything! I'll see you in a few hours. Take Luck, and Be Good. Your loving husband, Scott

Sandra said...

Great Tribute! Have a good time when he gets back you two love birds he he.

Dawson Family said...

Oh my goodness, a whole year! Well I have to say that I couldn't be happier to see my little bro be so happy with an amazing woman! I have loved seeing Scottie mature so much and find true love. Love you both! Amy

Jody said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! I love all the cute pictures. Thanks for sharing them. It really is amazing how quickly time passes. Hold onto each other and cherish every moment you have together. You are such a cute couple...it is obvious in the way you write about each other. Best wishes in the 18,354,694,298,987,498,618 more years to come!

Carrie said...

You guys are so awesome. Happy Anniversary! I love you both, you've been great friends!

Laurel said...

I love love love it when I'm right!

Can't stand how much I love you both.

I'm SO coming to Price and taking you out for a fancy schmancy dinner. Just you wait.

xoxo,
me.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Marriage rocks!! Your pics are fun!

Billy and Amanda Cole said...

Congrats! I still can't believe we are almost to 3 years!! Being married is amazing. Husbands are pretty special people.

destiny808 said...

I am so happy for you guys!!! I know you will have many more years filled with happiness!!! Congrats!!!