Monday, October 13, 2008

A little early for Christmas

I hate how there is already Christmas stuff at the stores and after Halloween FM100 and Kosy 106.5 will start playing Christmas music non-stop until Christmas. Does anyone else see how commercialized this holiday is? Well, I'm not sure what it is, but I have been dying to put up my Christmas decorations ever since the weather has turned cold. I want to put up Christmas lights and put up a tree. My work is doing a competition food drive, each as a team. So I had to wrap a huge box to put the donated food in and that could have been part of it. Also we got out our Back to Basics Hot Cocoa Maker for the first time this season. Scott loves hot chocolate and when he was working long hours for Webb he would come home and that's what he wanted so I would try and have a hot cup of frothy cocoa ready for him. It's our favorite appliance in the wintertime. Plus we have 3 cans from the dry pack of hot cocoa mix. If you like hot chocolate, this machine is amazing. It heats it to the perfect temperature and froths it as it comes out. SO GOOD!! And to top everything off, I bought this candle that smells like some cider spice smell.  It smells really good and makes me want to put on Christmas music.  Does anyone else feel those urges or am I totally out of my mind? 

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Your out of your mind he he just kidding. I don't have the urge to get things out for Christmas until after Halloween. Even then Kevin thinks we should wait till after Thanksgiving. With the baby coming so close to Thanksgiving though I wonder if I should get the lights and decor out before so I don't have to worry about it when she arrives. Speaking of Thanksgiving...are you guys heading to your parents? Oh and that Hot cocoa maker sounds fun, I love it frothy!

Dawson Family said...

We so have that hot chocolate maker and we love it! We just used it tonight for our Family Home Evening treat. I love the Stephens candy cane one. Idaho winters are so long that I feel like we still need more summer! I am not ready for winter, but we already have snow. Yeah for us! Have fun putting up early decorfations. I have my dancers dancing to Christmas music so I am alrady hearing that. Amy

Lena Baron said...

Not quite until after Thanksgiving. But the day after Thanksgiving we try to go cut down a tree and start the festivities. LOVE IT!

Christi said...

It feels like Christmastime to me too. I don't know if it's the weather (Snow on Sunday!) or the decorations in the store, but I'm definitely thinking about it! My dad is not a big fan of Christmas, and on Saturday my brother asked him when we were going to buy a tree. My dad looked like he wanted to smack him. :)

Justin Compton Family said...

As much as I love Christmas, I typically don't get the bug 'til after Thanksgiving. That's when we did everthing when I was a kid. I had a patient tell me today that she thought the commercialization and early start Christmas ruins all the fun. I kinda agree. I love Christmas songs and stuff, but when I hear them in October, I'm sick of them by Christmas. I also had a lady tell me today that the best place to get hot chocolate is Starbucks, with steamed milk. Sounds good...Justin loves hot chocolate, I'm thinking date night...

SD and EJ said...

I am so with you on this one! We're going to actually buy a really nice tree this year and I can't wait!!