Saturday, October 4, 2008

I've been tagged

I have to tell you that it's been really hard for me to move here. I have had to make friends, and that is not an easy task I've found here. I work nights so enrichment is out and I'm in the Primary, so I don't have a chance to go to Relief Society. We've become friends with a few couples in our ward but doing couples things doesn't get the girl talk out. Work is not the most social atmosphere, and I'm not sure if it's a small town thing or a young adult thing, but girls here don't like to listen, they only like to talk, and my opinion is that friendship is a 2-way street. So the first real friend that I have here is Carrie. She is one of the coolest, nicest, best people I've met here and I'm so glad to call her my friend! She knew Scott from way back when (when he was here at school after his mission), they were in a play together "The Man Who Came To Dinner". Anyway...she tagged me so here we go!

3 favorite last purchases:
-Groceries (not that that's my favorite thing to purchase but I don't get to shop for much else.)
-My vacuum. (this would be the most exciting thing in many months, and that's sad.)
-Office supplies for my desk at work. (Again, not so exciting to me, but we there isn't much else.)

3 favorite movies
-Pride and Prejudice
-Pirates of the Caribbean (all 3)
-Multiplicity (not my absolute favorite, but the funniest movie I've seen in a long time!)

3 things I haven't done yet
-I haven't left the continental US.
-I haven't had kids.
-I haven't been to Disneyland this year (or last year, or the year before, it's practically a sin!)

3 things I couldn't live without (I'm going to follow Carrie's lead and not do the obvious things like Scott, family and church)
-Indoor plumbing (that includes a working toilet and shower).
-My computer with the internet.
-Chocolate of course!

3 favorite dishes
-Homeade chicken enchiladas
-Mom's spare ribs with scalloped potatoes
-Stir-fry

3 favorite TV shows (currently)
-Friends
-The Office
-The Biggest Loser

3 last places I've traveled to
-Mexican Riviera
-St. Louis and Carthage Missouri
-New York City

3 favorite desserts (I can't believe they are limiting me to 3, that's ridiculous!)
-Leatherby's "Tracy's Peanut Butter Cup"...can we say HEAVEN!
-Mom's homeade double layer chocolate cake and homeade Oreo ice cream.
-Cheesecake

3 things I would buy if money weren't an issue
-A house
-Clothes and shoes
-A blue BMW sedan

3 wishes
-To have my dog living with me
-To be able to pay off our debts in the next year
-To start a family soon

3 people I tag
-Amber (this is to see if you are keeping up with my life :) )
-Amy Dawson
-Joy Bailey

5 comments:

Justin Compton Family said...

I have never been to Disneyland. I can't live without indoor plumbing. I love Friends and homemade chicken enchiladas. And I would love to buy a new house. I'm sorry you aren't here, I wouldn't totaly have girl talk with you. I don't get to very often. We're all so busy anymore... :(

Carrie said...

You didn't have to say all those nice things about me! But I'm so glad you did. ;) JK. That was sweet of you! You are a great friend and I am so glad I know you and Scott. I loved your post and am jealous you've been to some fun places lately! I also loved what you said about the girls from here, it's so true!

See you soon. :)

Team 'Iloa said...

HI girlie!!!
How is married life treating you?
I love love love your blog. you are so grown up it blows my mind!!!

You ARE my favorite of all time, don't ever forget it. Thank goodness for Niel Diamond concerts! LOL

Anyway, so happy to see you so happy!
love, megan

Sandra said...

LOL about the limitation on treats. Fun way to get to know you better.

Laurel said...

MULTIPLICITY?
REALLY?

Do you know that's one of the few movies I've ever walked out of?

REALLY?
SERIOUSLY?

(grin)